You are buying a pre-viewed, ORIGINAL VHS wrestling video, World Championship Wrestling (WCW) Starrcade 1995.
WCW's annual supershow is the percursor to modern pay-per-view, having originated through closed circuit TV since 1983.
Starrcade 1995 took place on December 27, 1995 from the Nashville Municipal Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee and featured the World Cup of Wrestling tournament, introducing WCW's working relationship with New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW).
For the World Cup of Wrestling tournament, New Japan battles WCW for the prestigous World Cup of Wrestling trophy (and future bragging rights that American pro wrestling is superior to Japanese!).
Your hosts for this edition of Starrcade are Tony Schiavone, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, and "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes. Mike Tenay would also join in at the broadcast table during the World Cup matches, offering his expertise on the Japanese wrestlers.
The main even features the winner of a Triangle match between Sting, "The Total Package" Lex Luger, and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair challenging WCW World Heavyweight Champion "Macho Man" Randy Savage with the title on the line!
In the World Cup of Wrestling tournament, New Japan Pro Wrestling would have the promotion's American liaison, Sonny Onoo (who would later have a much larger presence in WCW).
The World Cup of Wrestling's "best of seven" tournament matches are:
- In World Cup Match #1, WCW's "Crippler" Chris Benoit battles perhaps his technical wrestling equal, New Japan's Jushin "Thunder" Liger (seen previously at WCW Starrcade 1992)!
- Junior Heavyweights collide in World Cup Match #2 as New Japan's Koji Kanemoto takes on "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright!
- Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion "The Total Package" Lex Luger brings "The Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart with him for World Cup Match #3 against former National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) World Heavyweight Champion, Masahiro Chono, who was trained by wrestling legend Lou Thesz!
- Johnny B. Badd (with The Diamond Doll, Kimberly (Page)) will have his hands full in World Cup Match #4, as he faces former American Wrestling Association (AWA) World Heavyweight Champion Masa Saito!
- Eddie Guerrero is a veteran of New Japan Pro Wrestling. Will it give Team WCW an advantage as he takes on Shinjiro Otani in World Cup Match #5?
- The challengers for the #1 contender slot against the WCW World Heavyweight Champion aren't the only ones who have to compete in the World Cup of Wrestling tournament. WCW World Heavyweight Champion "Macho Man" Randy Savage must also fight against New Japan's Hiroyoshi Tenzan in the semifinals of the World Cup of Wrestling tournament!
- In the seventh and final match of the World Cup of Wrestling tournament, WCW United States Champion, New Japan's Kensuke Sasaki takes on former WCW United States Champion, Sting!
Box and tape in excellent condition from private collection.
Check our other listings for more wrestling and Mixed Martial Arts, or join our Yahoo group, SFPCatalog.
Check our other listings for more cool stuff, or ask us about our mailing lists for comics, movies and music, wrestling, clothes and Playboy!
Shadow Fire Promotions is the largest distributor of all-original pro wrestling media and memorabilia. Not satisfied to just bring you WWF/WCW/ECW, we also work to bring to you the finest in independent wrestling. Currently affiliated with Future Unlimited Wrestling in Green Bay, WI and wrestlers such as The Soul Shooters, Michael Modest and more, plus custom made wrestling masks, as well. If we don't have it, we can find it through our special search service.
Payment must be made within 10 days after sale close, unless other prior arrangements are made. Payment may be made via credit card over the phone (additional charges apply). Contact us for details; Money orders - ESTABLISHED CUSTOMERS ONLY!; Personal cheque - ESTABLISHED CUSTOMERS ONLY! (made out to Shadow Fire Promotions, Inc., please allow 10 business days for cheque to clear.)
We also accept online payments through AlertPay. (Contact us for information). (WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL DUE TO NUMEROUS LAWSUITS FILED AGAINST THE COMPANY FOR MISMANAGEMENT OF MEMBER FUNDS!). We are now accepting most major currencies. Ask about it. We prefer you not send cash, as we are NOT responsible for cash payments lost in the mail.
Shipping rate is $4 domestic. International buyers, please contact us for postal rates. Illinois residents, please add 10% sales tax. Other mailing methods available at additional costs.
Contact us for any questions you may have. Guaranteed 24 hour turnaround on e-mail requests.
Contact us for the addresses of our web ring and message board!
Subscribe to our online updates list! Ask us how!
- UPC 053939707236
- ISBN 0780612418