You are buying a pre-viewed, ORIGINAL VHS video, World Class Championship Wrestling (WCCW) The Von Erichs, Front Row Ringside.
Don't be fooled by the numerous fakes out there, this is the real thing and extremely rare.
An incredible extremely rare and "lost" tape from the old World Class Championship Wrestling promotion in Dallas run by Fritz Von Erich, and is hosted by Fritz from inside the famed Sportatorium in Dallas, shortly after the death of David, where numerous great World Class matches took place. This tape begins with Fritz introducing his family at the Von Erich ranch near Lake Dallas, Texas.
This tape is highlighted by many great clips of Fritz during his prime in the ring.
Each Von Erich comments on everyone else's matches.
Here they are:
- Fritz Von Erich vs. King Kong Bundy (with hair!) for the American Heavyweight Championship in no-disqualification action from the Texas Stadium in Dallas! (This is Fritz's retirement match in 1982). Legendary WCCW announcer Bill Mercer provides commentary on the match. Fritz brains Bundy with a chair, proving that chairshots to the head are not unique to ECW.
- Kevin Von Erich v. Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy for the American Heavyweight Championship! Fritz says Kevin was the most athletic of the boys.
- Footage of David Von Erich spanking Sunshine (who was at the time the valet of Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin)
- The final moments of Fritz Von Erich vs. The Great Kabuki in No-Disqualification action which sees a run-in by David, leading to...
- David Von Erich vs. NWA World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race in non-title action from Race's hometown of St. Louis, MO in 1979. (The match discussed below.)
- Footage of David vs. Jimmy Garvin which sees interference by Skandor Akbar & his charge, Kamala!
The family remembers David Von Erich, who was supposed to carry the Von Erich banner into the future for the family. Many highlights are shown, most notably David putting NWA World Champion Harley Race out with the Iron Claw in a non-title match in St. Louis (shown). The family talks of David's death, and how he was supposed to wrestle Ric Flair for the NWA World Championship in Texas Stadium. That title shot would instead go to Kerry.
- Kerry Von Erich's famous match at Texas Stadium vs. NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair on May 6, 1984 at the World Class Championship Wrestling's supercard, The Parade of Champions! Unfortunately, this would be the only NWA World Championship for any Von Erich, although Kerry would get a final chance at glory as WWF Intercontinental Champion many years later. Marc Lowrance does play-by-play and has a very good feel for the meaning of the match to the family and the people.
- Mike Von Erich debuts vs. Skandar Akbar in 1983!
- Mike Von Erich vs. Hollywood John Tatum!
- Mike Von Erich's battle with Toxic Shock Syndrome is discussed and pictures of him in the hospital are shown. At one point, the family is told Mike has twenty minutes to live. Mike's inspirational return to the ring is then chronicled, as well!
- Clips of the youngest Von Erich, Chris, are shown
- The World Class Six-Man Tag Team Championship was popularized in Texas with various Von Erich brother combinations teaming up, usually against The Fabulous Freedbirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts). In this bout, David, Kerry, & Kevin take on the team of Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts, & Jimmy Garvin
Tape and original hardshell case are in mint condition from private collector.
Check our other listings for more wrestling and Mixed Martial Arts, or join our Yahoo group, SFPCatalog.
Check our other listings for more cool stuff, or ask us about our mailing lists for comics, movies and music, wrestling, clothes and Playboy!
Shadow Fire Promotions is the largest distributor of all-original pro wrestling media and memorabilia. Not satisfied to just bring you WWF/WCW/ECW, we also work to bring to you the finest in independent wrestling. Currently affiliated with Future Unlimited Wrestling in Green Bay, WI and wrestlers such as The Soul Shooters, Michael Modest and more, plus custom made wrestling masks, as well. If we don't have it, we can find it through our special search service.
Payment must be made within 10 days after sale close, unless other prior arrangements are made. Payment may be made via credit card over the phone (additional charges apply). Contact us for details; Money orders - ESTABLISHED CUSTOMERS ONLY!; Personal cheque - ESTABLISHED CUSTOMERS ONLY! (made out to Shadow Fire Promotions, Inc., please allow 10 business days for cheque to clear.)
We also accept online payments through AlertPay. (Contact us for information). (WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL DUE TO NUMEROUS LAWSUITS FILED AGAINST THE COMPANY FOR MISMANAGEMENT OF MEMBER FUNDS!). We are now accepting most major currencies. Ask about it. We prefer you not send cash, as we are NOT responsible for cash payments lost in the mail.
Shipping rate is $4 domestic. International buyers, please contact us for postal rates. Illinois residents, please add 10% sales tax. Other mailing methods available at additional costs.
Contact us for any questions you may have. Guaranteed 24 hour turnaround on e-mail requests.
Contact us for the addresses of our web ring and message board!
Subscribe to our online updates list! Ask us how!