You are buying on a pre-viewed, ORIGINAL VHS video, WWF (World Wrestling Federation) SummerSlam 1993.
The sixth annual SummerSlam pay-per-view event comes to us live on August 30, 1993 at The Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Michigan in front of a crowd of 23,954.
Vince McMahon and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan are ringside with the call of the action, while Todd Pettengill and "Mean Gene" Okerlund are backstage conducting interviews. This would be Okerlund's final WWF pay-per-view appearance before leaving for rival World Championship Wrestling (WCW).
- when Money, Inc. (Ted DiBiase and Irwin R. Schyster) taunted Razor Ramon on his quick and unexpected loss to newcomer The Kid (later the 1-2-3 Kid) on the May 17, 1993 edition of Monday Night Raw and offered Ramon a job as DiBiase's servent, the angry Ramon started teaming with The 1-2-3 Kid to go against Money, Inc. in tag team action. When DiBiase demanded a singles match against The Kid, which Razor interfered in. To settle the problem, Ted DiBiase would take on Razor Ramon in singles action tonight, while DiBiase's partner, Irwin R. Schyster (IRS) would take on The 1-2-3 Kid (Ramon's partner) in the WWF pay-per-view debut of The 1-2-3 Kid!!
- The WWF World Tag Team Championship team of Michigan's own, the Steiner Brothers come home (Detroit is only about 35 miles from The Palace of Auburn Hills) and are looking to successfully defend their title in front of their hometown crowd against Smoky Mountain Wrestling's Heavenly Bodies (Dr. Tom Prichard and Jimmy Del Ray), accompanied by Jim Cornette! Prior to the match, in a Coliseum Video exclusive, Todd Pettingill interviews Rick and Scott's mother and sister! See what they have to say about their famous relatives!
- In other tag team action, it's six man tag team action as Native American Tatanka teams with the Smokin' Gunns (Billy & Bart) to take on the team of Bam Bam Bigelow (w/his "main squeeze", Luna) & The Headshrinkers (Samu and Fatu)! In their corner, the original Wild Samoan, Afa!
- The Flawless One, Mr. Perfect has been feuding with WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels since WrestleMania IX when Michaels attacked Perfect after his match with Lex Luger. Perfect retaliated by costing Shawn the Intercontinental Title against his former partner in The Rockers, Marty Jannetty on the May 17, 1993 edition of Monday Night Raw. Although Michaels was able to regain the belt the following month with the help of his new bodyguard, DIESEL, things aren't over between the two of the most gifted athletes in the WWF yet. With DIESEL by his side, Michaels puts up his WWF Intercontinental Championship against the two-time former Champion, Mr. Perfect!
- Speaking of Jannetty, he'll have his hands full with the Finnish "Hellraiser from Helsinki", Ludvig Borga! Jannetty is a former WWF Intercontinental Champion himself, having recently defeated his former tag team partner in The Rockers, Shawn Michaels, but Michaels was able to regain the title shortly after. Thus far, Borga is undefeated in the WWF, and he'd like to keep it that way. Will Jannetty's experience and speed be able to overcome the sheer power of this Finnish fanatic?
- Bret "The Hitman" Hart has had a feud with Jerry "The King" Lawler after Lawler attacked Bret two months earlier after Hart's King of the Ring victory, claiming there is only one king, and that is Lawler! Since then, Lawler has been running down not only Bret, but his family, leading to their grudge match here. However, Lawler suffered a recent car accident and was left on crutches, unable to compete. Recognising the seriousness of this match, though, Lawler appointed his court jester, Doink the Clown to take his place in the match. Doink raises Hart's ire after he pranks Hart by throwing a bucket of water on Bret's brother, Bruce, who was ringside supporting his brother. Neeless to say, the Harts don't find this as funny as Lawler and Doink. Will it be enough for Doink to win the match and Lawler to be able to show that he truly is the only King in the WWF?
- There aren't many in the WWF that can claim to be bigger than the 6'8" Undertaker, but Harvey Wippleman's new find, Giant Gonzales, at a towering 7'7" is one who is able to make the claim. But just being taller than The Undertaker isn't enough to get his attention. However, stealing The Undertaker's urn is more than enough to get his attention. Unfairly eliminating Undertaker when he debuted at January's Royal Rumble, despite not being actually entered in the event. The feud continued the next month at WrestleMania, but although The Undertaker was victorious, and his streak maintained, it was not a decisive victory that satisfied The "Deadman". Now The Undertaker seeks to get his final revenge (and his urn!) in a Rest In Peace Match! Can he whittle the Giant Gonzales down to size without possessing the power of his urn?
- It was "The bodyslam heard 'round the world". The massive WWF Champion Yokozuna issued the Yokozuna Bodyslam Challenge on the deck of the aircraft carrier USS Intrepid on July 4. Yokozuna's manager, Mr. Fuji intended on proving the dominance of his Japanese Champion by demonstrating that no one could lift Yokozuna over their head and bodyslam him. If someone was actually able to do such, then Yokozuna would grant that person a shot at his WWF Championship. Fuji, Yokozuna, and Yokozuna's spokesperson, Jim Cornette celebrated as several wrestlers and other athletes failed in their attempts to slam Yokozuna. However, the celebration was short-lived as Lex Luger arrived in a helicopter and the muscular bodybuilder Luger promptly succeeded where others failed, slamming Yokozuna hard to the deck, earning a chance at the WWF Championship! Although Yokozuna's camp filed a formal protest, claiming Luger did not actually slam Yokozuna, but rather hip-tossed him, the ruling stood. Yokozuna's spokesperson, Jim Cornette, agreed to the match, under two conditions. One, Luger could not receive a rematch if he lost, and two, he had to wear protective padding over the steel plate in his surgically repaired forearm (the result of a recent motorcycle accident).
To build support for the match, Luger rode across the country in a bus named the Lex Express throughout July until just before this event, stopping in Detroit just days before.
Randy Savage acts as "Master Of Ceremonies" for this important match. Before the match begins, Kiotika Suzuki sings the Japanese National Anthem and Akio Sato, formerly of The Orient Express, bears the Japanese flag for Yokozuna. Aaron Neville will sing the American National Anthem.
Tonight, at SummerSlam, Lex has the support of a nation. Will it be enough to capture the WWF Championship in this, his only opportunity ever to challenge for the title?
Box and tape in excellent condition from private collection.
Check our other listings for more wrestling and Mixed Martial Arts, or join our Yahoo group, SFPCatalog.
Check our other listings for more cool stuff, or ask us about our mailing lists for comics, movies and music, wrestling, clothes and Playboy!
Shadow Fire Promotions is the largest distributor of all-original pro wrestling media and memorabilia. Not satisfied to just bring you WWF/WCW/ECW, we also work to bring to you the finest in independent wrestling. Currently affiliated with Future Unlimited Wrestling in Green Bay, WI and wrestlers such as The Soul Shooters, Michael Modest and more, plus custom made wrestling masks, as well. If we don't have it, we can find it through our special search service.
Payment must be made within 10 days after sale close, unless other prior arrangements are made. Payment may be made via credit card over the phone (additional charges apply). Contact us for details; Money orders - ESTABLISHED CUSTOMERS ONLY!; Personal cheque - ESTABLISHED CUSTOMERS ONLY! (made out to Shadow Fire Promotions, Inc., please allow 10 business days for cheque to clear.)
We also accept online payments through AlertPay. (Contact us for information). (WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL DUE TO NUMEROUS LAWSUITS FILED AGAINST THE COMPANY FOR MISMANAGEMENT OF MEMBER FUNDS!). We are now accepting most major currencies. Ask about it. We prefer you not send cash, as we are NOT responsible for cash payments lost in the mail.
Shipping rate is $4 domestic. International buyers, please contact us for postal rates. Illinois residents, please add 10% sales tax. Other mailing methods available at additional costs.
Contact us for any questions you may have. Guaranteed 24 hour turnaround on e-mail requests.
Contact us for the addresses of our web ring and message board!
Subscribe to our online updates list! Ask us how!