You are buying a pre-viewed, ORIGINAL WWF (World Wrestling Federation) VHS, The Ultimate Warrior.
Before the tape officially begins, there is a trailer for the WWF's first movie, No Holds Barred and a Slim Jim commercial featuring the star of this tape.
This Official WWF Coliseum Video was released in 1989, and recounts The Warrior's first two years in the WWF, and an impressive two years it was, as Warrior feuded with some of the top names in the WWF at the time, such as Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and RAVISHING RICK RUDE.
Here are the matches:
- From the WWF Wrestling Challenge taping of January 27, 1988 in Salisbury, MD (which aired on February 7, 1988) The Ultimate Warrior locks up with someone who can match his power - The Mighty Hercules!
- At the inaugural WWF SummerSlam 1988 on August 29, 1988, eminating from Madison Square Garden in New York, the longest-reigning WWF InterContinental Champion of all-time, The Honky Tonk Man makes the ultimate mistake when his original challenger, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake is unable to compete due to an injury suffered earlier and Honky issues an open challenge with the now-infamous line, "Get me somebody to wrestle, I don’t care who it is." The Ultimate Warrior accepted this open challenge. Can Honky's manager, "The Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart make a difference in this match?
- Now the WWF InterContinental Champion, The Ultimate Warrior finds himself targeted by WWF Superstars eager to rise up the card by defeating the Champ. First, however, the Warrior defends against the former Champion in a rematch on WWF Saturday Night's Main Event aired on January 7, 1989 from sunny Tampa, Florida!
- King Haku wants another jewel in his kingdom - the WWF InterContinental Championship! Standing in his way, the current Champion, The Ultimate Warrior! This match took place January 29, 1989 and features former American Wrestling Association play-by-play announcer Rod Trongard and former WWF World Heavyweight Champion Superstar Billy Graham on commentary.
- WWF InterContinental Champion, The Ultimate Warrior faces the tough test of another former WWF InterContinental Champion, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine in a match filmed for WWF The Main Event TV programme in Milwaukee, WI on February 3, 1989. Tony Schiavone & Lord Alfred Hayes provide the commentary for this matchup.
- Champions collide as WWF InterContinental Champion, The Ultimate Warrior goes up against WWF World Heavyweight Champion "Macho Man" Randy Savage on February 15, 1989 in Binghamton, NY. Tony Schiavone & Lord Alfred Hayes provide the call of the action again for this bout.
- At the first Royal Rumble shown on pay-per-view, aired live on January 15, 1989 from The Summit in Houston, Texas, The Ultimate Warrior accepts the challenge of RAVISHING RICK RUDE (with his manager, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan) for a Super Posedown.
Mean Gene Okerlund officiates this event, where fan reactions will determine the winner. The four poses in this contest are: Double Biceps, Best Abs, Most Muscular, and Medley of Poses. Who has the best body in the World Wrestling Federation?
- At WWF Wrestlemania V, held for the second time in a row at Trump Plaza in Atlantic City, NJ, on April 2, 1989, RAVISHING RICK RUDE (with his manager, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan) challenges WWF InterContinental Champion, The Ultimate Warrior for the title!
- As before, the former Champion can invoke a rematch clause, and the Warrior chooses to rematch new WWF InterContinental Champion, RAVISHING RICK RUDE 20 days later, April 22, 1989 in Boston, MA! Tony Schiavone & Lord Alfred Hayes once again are ringside to provide the call of the action.
- Having failed to recapture the belt in April, The Ultimate Warrior makes another attempt at regaining the WWF InterContinental Championship from RAVISHING RICK RUDE in East Rutherford, NJ on May 8, 1989!
Box and tape in excellent condition from private collection.
Check our other listings for more wrestling and Mixed Martial Arts, or join our Yahoo group, SFPCatalog.
Check our other listings for more cool stuff, or ask us about our mailing lists for comics, movies and music, wrestling, clothes and Playboy!
Shadow Fire Promotions is the largest distributor of all-original pro wrestling media and memorabilia. Not satisfied to just bring you WWF/WCW/ECW, we also work to bring to you the finest in independent wrestling. Currently affiliated with Future Unlimited Wrestling in Green Bay, WI and wrestlers such as The Soul Shooters, Michael Modest and more, plus custom made wrestling masks, as well. If we don't have it, we can find it through our special search service.
Payment must be made within 10 days after sale close, unless other prior arrangements are made. Payment may be made via credit card over the phone (additional charges apply). Contact us for details; Money orders - ESTABLISHED CUSTOMERS ONLY!; Personal cheque - ESTABLISHED CUSTOMERS ONLY! (made out to Shadow Fire Promotions, Inc., please allow 10 business days for cheque to clear.)
We also accept online payments through AlertPay. (Contact us for information). (WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL DUE TO NUMEROUS LAWSUITS FILED AGAINST THE COMPANY FOR MISMANAGEMENT OF MEMBER FUNDS!). We are now accepting most major currencies. Ask about it. We prefer you not send cash, as we are NOT responsible for cash payments lost in the mail.
Shipping rate is $4 domestic. International buyers, please contact us for postal rates. Illinois residents, please add 10% sales tax. Other mailing methods available at additional costs.
Contact us for any questions you may have. Guaranteed 24 hour turnaround on e-mail requests.
Contact us for the addresses of our web ring and message board!
Subscribe to our online updates list! Ask us how!
- UPC 086635000684
- ISBN 6303164056