This low mintage sterling silver coin is dedicated to the protection of unique wildlife, and features the red colobus monkey. The design features a monkey crouched, holding onto a branch, with selective colour foliage in the background. The coin has a legal tender value of 1000 Francs in The Central African Republic. Mintage is limited to just 2,013 coins. The red colobus monkeys use their long tail for balance while they swing through the treetops on the lookout for food in the form of leaves or fruit. They live in tropical forest habitats, where they live in large groups of up to 50. The group constellations are somewhat fluid with individual monkeys moving between groups, especially in their adolescence. Thus, not all individuals in a group are directly related to each other. Females usually outnumber the larger males, which can weigh up to 11 kg, but young males occasionally form small bachelor groups. A strong dominance hierarchy within each group determines access to the best food. The plastic capsule and outer black case have some damage - please see photos.
Prices are listed in USD. If you are in Canada, when you pay, paypal will convert the amount to CAD.
1. For local pick-up the shipping charge will be refunded upon pick-up.
2. Multiple purchases can be shipped for a discounted shipping charge in the form of a shipping refund.
3. My default shipping carrier in Canada is CPS
1. Treat everyone with respect and expect the same to be returned to you.
2. We have priced our items according to what we believe to be a fair market value. If, for any reason the market value has changed and you would like to offer a price more indicative of current values (either higher or lower), we are not adverse to the consideration of such offers.