***Collect World coins and learn about world history***
The franc has a long history, dating back to the 14th century - it was introduced by King John II in 1360
and lasted (with a break in the middle) until the euro was introduced in 2002. The symbol of the currency
was simply 'F'. ... The French franc was reintroduced and became decimal in 1795, after the French revolution.
All French franc coins were demonetized in 2005 and are no longer redeemable at the Banque de France.
This puts this coin on the list of "Collectible World Coins"
This coin is circulated - please see photos.
Prices are listed in USD. If you are in Canada, when you pay, paypal will convert the amount to CAD.
1. For local pick-up the shipping charge will be refunded upon pick-up.
2. Multiple purchases can be shipped for a discounted shipping charge in the form of a shipping refund.
3. My default shipping carrier in Canada is CPS
1. Treat everyone with respect and expect the same to be returned to you.
2. We have priced our items according to what we believe to be a fair market value. If, for any reason the market value has changed and you would like to offer a price more indicative of current values (either higher or lower), we are not adverse to the consideration of such offers.