*MODEL: USMC Embossed Knife Sheath
*YEAR: Possibly 1950's Era. Staples are used to re-enforce the stitching around the blade container. Staples were used before the change to rivets in the Vietnam era. The Marine Corps was not established until after WWII so my guess about the age of this sheath would be between 1948 and 1963.
*MEASURES: Approx. 12 7/8" overall length, 5 1/8" exposed handle area, 7 5/8" outside dia. blade pocket.
*CONDITION: Lots of dings, knicks, scratches, marks and use wear. Sheath has a white paint mark on it. Stitching and staples look intact with no separation, handle snap works. This knife sheath was used alot over its lifetime and shows the wear and tear.
*RESEARCH: The reseach was done by comparing known Kabar knifes that collectors had. I did find some Kabar knifes people were selling as WWII produced with riveted sheaths and these knifes are false and not WWII produced knifes. The real WWII Kabar knifes without the USMC markings had stapled sheaths up until the vietnam era or so when the rivets started to appear in Kabar knife sheaths.
Buyer is be responsible for identifying the exact year or era of this knife sheath before the purchase.
* Great item for USMC collectors looking for items that originated from the startup era of the USMC.
*A picture that can be magnified to full screen will be sent upon request.
*Buyer is responsible for making a positive identification on this item before the purchase.
*Buyer is responsible for any maintenance or repairs needed if any. This microscope is missing the eyepiece, the tray mechanism that holds the slide has a knob that falls off.
*This item will be sold "as-is" in used and untested condition. No warranties or guarantees come with the purchase of this item.
*Buyer is responsible for making sure all is correct with the item and the item will suit the buyers needs and expectations before purchase. Buyer is responsible for making sure purchase of this item is not a mistake.
*Items sold are inspected and photographed at different angles before being boxed up and shipped to the buyer. Any attempts to return broken items in exchange for what's been shipped to the buyer, make the purchase and exchange parts that are needed then send unit back for a refund, extort partial refunds or get a refund due to a mistake made by the buyer in the purchase of the item will be reported immediately.
The shipping weight will be 1 1/2 lbs. A handling fee is charged to cover the time and any expenses associated with the packing and shipping of packages. Anything left is put towards the selling fee's.
SORRY, NO LOCAL PICKUPS
- Brand Kabar
- Size Other
- Color Brown
- Age group Adult
- Gender Unisex
Junk Stuff Accepts Paypal and Money Orders With No Shipping Wait. We Also Accept Personal Checks With A Personal Check 10 Day Shipping Wait.
Our Sold Products Usually Ship On The Next Tuesday Or Friday After Payment Has Been Received And Cleared.
* All Items Will Be Sold "As-Is" In Used Condition With No Warranties Or Guarantees. All Abnormalities & Defects Are Entered Into The Item Description. If The Item Is Broken Or Banged Up We Will State That It Is. We will also state if the item has not been tested and may be defective.
* We are happy to accept returns and pay for the shipping if the problem with the merchandise shipped was due to our gross negligence in describing the item and not making the customer aware of any problems or potential problems. This never happens though. All of our items are inspected at least 3 times before being put up for sale and once before being boxed up for shipment.
* There are never any warranties or guarantees on used items we sell because of course they are used items with no promises. All electrical items are tested before being put up for sale but as we all know electrical items can stop working at any time. Mechanical items are tested to the best of our abilities but can stop working also if parts are worn. Some parts on mechanical items are looked at, some are not looked at. We will not guarantee how long a mechanical device will stay working only that it worked when it left our possession.
* We will not be held accountable for lost, stolen or damaged packages in the mail system. All packages are shipped with tracking and insurance when required. So far I can say over the many years of shipping packages all packages have reached there destination.
All Items Are Sold, "AS-IS" With No Warranties Or Guarantees.