*ITEM: OLD MIDDLETOWN Silver Plate Company Dish 1864 to 1899 Marked 321 Grams
*MANUFACTURER: The Middletown Plate Co.
*YEAR: 1864 to 1899. The orginal Middletown Plate Co. opened in 1864 and was in business until 1899 when the "International Silver Co." purchased them. The "International Silver Co." used the Middletown name and balance scale logo mark until 1921 but added the word "Quadrupleplate" in the mark. Any Middletown name and balance scale mark without the "Quadrupleplate" wording is from the original "Middletown Silver Co." business before 1899. Before 1899 Middletown did stamp "Hard White or Yellow Metal" into their products.
*MARKING: No Sterling Mark. This dish is marked "The Middletown Plate Co. 321" with the balance scale and no "Quadrupleplate" word which means it's pre 1899. There's no "Hard Metal" stamped into the dish so most likely the number "321" is the gram content of Sterling Silver in the dish. After 1921 the "International Silver Co." completely changed the logo to no longer include the balance scales.
*MATERIAL: 321 grams of something. Usually the gram content marked on an item indicates it is a precious metal. This dish is deeply tarnished and bends easily with moderate pressure. The metal of this plate is non-magnetic so I can only assume it's Sterling Silver that has a "Silver Plate Mark" because I've had tons of real silverplate and it never bends unless you put a foot or hammer to it.
*MEASURES: Approx. 12 L X 7 W
*CONDITION: Tarnish, plate has its dings, knicks, scratches, marks and wear. The bottom of the plate has some bends in it.
*FEATURES: Ornate leaf and tressel design.
*There is no mark on the plate stating it is sterling silver. The material it is made of is unknown to me.
*A picture that can be magnified to full screen will be sent upon request.
*Buyer is responsible for any maintenance or repairs needed if any.
*This item will be sold "as-is" in used condition. No warranties or guarantees come with the purchase of this item.
*Buyer is responsible for making sure all is correct with the item and the item will suit the buyers needs and expectations before purchase. Buyer is responsible for making sure purchase of this item is not a mistake.
*Items sold are inspected and photographed at different angles before being boxed up and shipped to the buyer. Any attempts to return broken items in exchange for what's been shipped to the buyer, make the purchase and exchange parts that are needed then send unit back for a refund, extort partial refunds or get a refund due to a mistake made by the buyer in the purchase of the item will be reported immediately.
The shipping weight will be 2 1/2 lbs. A handling fee is charged to cover the time and any expenses associated with the packing and shipping of packages. Anything left is put towards the selling fee's.
SORRY, NO LOCAL PICKUPS
- Brand The Middletown Plate Co
- Size Other
- Color Other
- Age group Adult
- Gender Unisex
Junk Stuff Accepts Paypal and Money Orders With No Shipping Wait. We Also Accept Personal Checks With A Personal Check 10 Day Shipping Wait.
Our Sold Products Usually Ship On The Next Tuesday Or Friday After Payment Has Been Received And Cleared.
* All Items Will Be Sold "As-Is" In Used Condition With No Warranties Or Guarantees. All Abnormalities & Defects Are Entered Into The Item Description. If The Item Is Broken Or Banged Up We Will State That It Is. We will also state if the item has not been tested and may be defective.
* We are happy to accept returns and pay for the shipping if the problem with the merchandise shipped was due to our gross negligence in describing the item and not making the customer aware of any problems or potential problems. This never happens though. All of our items are inspected at least 3 times before being put up for sale and once before being boxed up for shipment.
* There are never any warranties or guarantees on used items we sell because of course they are used items with no promises. All electrical items are tested before being put up for sale but as we all know electrical items can stop working at any time. Mechanical items are tested to the best of our abilities but can stop working also if parts are worn. Some parts on mechanical items are looked at, some are not looked at. We will not guarantee how long a mechanical device will stay working only that it worked when it left our possession.
* We will not be held accountable for lost, stolen or damaged packages in the mail system. All packages are shipped with tracking and insurance when required. So far I can say over the many years of shipping packages all packages have reached there destination.
All Items Are Sold, "AS-IS" With No Warranties Or Guarantees.