Rare community organization fundraiser recipe book cookbook FAVORITE RECIPES Contributed By Members and Friends of the Westminster West Parent-Teachers Association, Westminster West, VT Vermont.
. Recipe book measures approx 6-1/4”x 9” with 59 pages
, but has no recipe index of recipes & corresponding page numbers. Cookbook does, however, contain a Table of Contents (see below). The pages are of better quality paper than most. Recipes are in typed format and professionally printed and bound by WIRE, not plastic, spirals. Cookbook is full of typed-format recipes with no advertising or illustrations filler, and with 139 typed + 5 handwritten
recipes and 25 unique contributors named
, you KNOW there is a good variety of MANY good recipes!
Westminster is a town in Windham County, on the banks of the Connecticut River about 25 miles north of Vermont's southern border. The town consists of three village areas, Westminster Village, North Westminster and Westminster West, separated by rolling hills, farms and forests. Westminster is the oldest existing town in Vermont, and the site of what was known as the "Westminster massacre" where 2 men were killed during the long-running dispute over the New Hampshire Grants in 1775. (from the Vermont dot com website.)
Table of Contents:
Weights & Measures, Oven Temperatures ~ Substitutes ~ Breads, Rolls, Biscuits, Doughnuts (20) ~ Cakes (13) ~ Candy, Frostings, Sauces (12) ~ Chowders, Soups, Stew (6) ~ Cookies (17) ~ Desserts (16) ~ Meat, Fish, Casseroles (30) ~ Pickles (6) ~ Pies, Pastries (11) ~ Vegetables, Salads, Dressings (8)
- Corn Chowder, Vegetable Chowder
- Coffee Frosting, Ginger Cookies, Snip-A-Doodles, Sour Cream Cookies, Chocolate Blanc Mange, Boiled Custard, Gingerbread, Pineapple Ice Cream (2-qts), Peppermint Ice Cream, Pineapple Pie, Cream Pie
- Applesauce-Nut Bread
- Sponge Cake, Molasses Drop Cookies, Supper Dish
- Peanut Butter Cake, One-Minute Fudge Frosting, Butterscotch Sauce
- Apricot Upside Down Cake
- My Mother’s Brown Bread, Jellied Eggnog, Canning Day Dessert, Hot Dog Posies, Corned Beef Souffle, Canneloni, Fish Chantilly, Fan’s Potatoes
- Salmon Furbet, Sauce for Diced Beets
- Orange Bread, Fig Tea Ring, Lemon Frosting, Fig Filling, Herb Boquet, Gravy Coloring, Scrapple, Brisket with Sauerkraut
A B Goodrich
- Sponge Cake, Soft Molasses Cookies, Ginger Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Bread, Raisin Cup Cakes, Fudge, Hamburg Dish, Corned Beef & Dumplings, Quick Supper or Lunch Dish, Golden Glow Pickles, Hidden Salad, Hot Water Pie Crust, Scalloped Cabbage
- Fudge Puddding, “All in One” Casserole, Cheese Apple Pie, Orange Pie & Graham Cracker Crust
- Busytime Fudge, Italian Pizza, Ripe Tomato Chutney
- Baked Pudding, Potato-Cheese Bake, Corn-Cheese Casserole, Tuna Fish & Egg Casserole
- Noodle Casserole
- Tomato Soup Cake, Jersey Lilly Cake, Lazy Daisy Cake, White Frosting, Quick Caramel Frosting, Graham Wafer Lemon Squares, Pineapple Squares, Dad’s Cookies, Bachelors’ Buttons, Carrot Pudding, Easy Pear Dessert, Heavenly Meringue Pie, Mustard Pickle, Lemon Raisin Pie, Maple Syrup Tarts, Lemon Tarts
- Nutmeg Sauce, Helen Marynuk’s Borsch, Liz Babbitts’ Beef Roulade, Mrs Frink’s Chunk Pickles
- Apricot Bread, Crunchy Meringue Spice Cake, Cranberry Squares, Cream Puffs, Chili Con Carne
- Banana Bread, No Egg Chocolate Cake, Uncooked Peanut Butter Candy, Pineapple Cookies, Orange Cookies, Aunt Ella’s Molasses Cookies, Juicy Meat Loaf, Baked Hash Casserole, Apple Salad
- Apple Bread, Brown Bread, Quick Doughnuts, All-Bran Waffles, Bread & Butter Pickles, Sour Cream Pie
- Doughnuts (to use with doughnut maker), Scallop Stew, Lemon Sponge Pudding, Hamburg Casserole, Americanized Chili, Lenten Cheese Lasagne, Baked Acorn or Buttercup Squash, Cheesey Cabbage
- Hawaiian Nut Bread, Baked Potato Candy, Creamed Celery Soup, Ginger Cookies, Montpelier Oatmeal Cookies, Stuffed Ham, Hamburg with Macaroni, Bean Pot Casserole (round steak+ no beans)
- “Stewies” Favorite Chocolate Cake, Maple Cranberry Spice, “Em’s” Experiment (pork shoulder+)
- Fruit Cake, Sweet Apple Pie, Uncooked Salad Dressing
- Oatmeal Rolls, Pancake Pie, Breakfast Puffs, Orange Cake (excellent for freezing), Popcorn Balls, Chocolate Butter Frosting, Trilbys & Date Filling, Winter Strawberry Shortcake, Frosty Fruit Pie, Nugget Salad
3 cups milk
1 cup light cream
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt & Pepper
1 pound scallops
Scald milk, cream, butter, sugar and Worcestershiresauce in top ofdoubleboiler. Season with salt & pep;per to taste. Mince scallops. Add to the scaldedmixture. Cook 5 minutes only. Serve with a dash of paprika & parsley. Yields 4-6 servings.
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup light cream
Let this boil 3 or 4 minutes but do not stir. Use for ice cream or other desserts.
Quick Caramel Frosting
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar - packed
1/4 cup milk
1-3/4 to 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar. Boil over lowheat, stirring constantly until mixture comesto a boil. Remove from heat and cool. Slowly add powdered sugar beating well after each addition until thick enough to spread. Fills and frosts two 8"layers.
Good/Acceptable, and I checked EVERY page to enter all the names! (I include ALL names in ALL fundraiser-type cookbooks because I know how frustrating it is to hope and wonder if specific contributors are included in a book, only to find out they’re not, upon receipt.) This was a much loved cookbook by previous owner. Covers have corner area wear & to bottom & below the last spiral area, including a small tear (front bottom middle) that has been clear-taped. Pages have droplets and smears on some pages. Category page for Chowders, Soups, Stew (page 23) is missing or was omitted at printing. (no residual sign of a page having been removed.) There is also an omission mistake in the numbering of pages 26 and 27. In this case, I know there are no pages missing because they are the blank pages for writing in recipes, and the blank pages are not numbered. Table of Contents lists the Cookies category starts on page 27. Perhaps it was a printing error of omission. This cookbook does have an unusual page numbering. There is no index, and although there are 51 pages, recipes are printed only on pages to the right of spine - the opposite pages are blank for writing recipes and are not numbered. There are very small closed tears on the first few page bottom edges, knifelike, as if the cook got too close to the book while cutting. Newspaper clipping for Roast Duckling and Apricot Sauce recipes was tucked into Desserts category, leaving a shadowed image of the clipping on page 33 and the left blank page. Recipes for the following are penned on the 5 different blank pages: Marie Hertzog’s Lettuce Dressing (repeated twice on different pages), 14-Ingredients Misted Mocha Cake by Mrs Lots (“very good” notation), Soft White Icing, Macaroons by Mrs Weir, Tasty Georgia Style Barbecued Burgers.
I’m sorry for the flash on first 2 image and poor quality of the print in third image … I sure miss my scanner! Books are NOT
from smoke-free or pet-free environment. Please see above 3 supersized images
... they are part of the description. Email with questions or requests.
Buyer pays $4.00 Media/Bookrate s/h and Seller will add to your $4.00 and pay the extra dollars for upgrade to FIRST CLASS/PRIORITY that will include insurance, tracking number/info, faster delivery, and more gentle handling by the USPS than Media/Bookrate to better protect the plastic spirals on your keepsake.
Seize this scarce book for posterity, the descendants, future generations of those who contributed the recipes ... this legacy may be all there is! … Perfect as a gift for birthdays, Christmas, newborn grandchild or just to say “I love you and cherish the memories.”
Please see my Store for MORE “Good-Read” Books and Cookbooks!