*MANUFACTURER: Le Claire is printed on the dial plate but I've seen the same clock with different printings on the dial plate.
*MODEL: Brass porthole clock in wooden frame.
*MATERIAL: Solid brass porthole with a wood frame. I think the wood may be teak or rosewood but I'm unsure.
*MEASURES: Outside dia's approx. 12 7/8" wood frame, 11 1/2" brass porthole, 7 1/2" dia. glass viewing area.
*CONDITION: This clock was in some kind of incident. There was some kind of black gunk splattered on it. I removed most of the black gunk substance but some of it is embedded into the brass finish and will not come off. There is also some brasso still on it from my black gunk removal efforts. The wooden frame only had a few spots of the black gunk and mostly remains untouched except for the use wear over the years.
The wood frame has its noticeable dings, knicks, scratches, marks and wear but is in overall good condition.
The glass in the porthole is loose. I taped it on the inside so it wouldn't shake around. It appears the sealant or putty dried out, cracked and started to fall out leaving the glass loose to shake around. The plastic retaining ring that goes over the putty is in good condition. The porthole door opens and closes as it should.
The dial plate looks good. The second, minute and hour hands are loose and twirl on their own because the quartz movement is broken. It appears someone tried to get into the small quartz movement and tore half of the box off. The quartz movement box will have to be replaced. The second, minute and hour hands appear to be in good condition with only some slight bending.
* This is a good repair project for someone that is looking to customize a clock for a certain enviroment.
* The brass porthole can be sanded down and painted a custom color.
*This clocks new MSRP is around $229.00. Internet new price is around $159.00 .
*A picture that can be magnified to full screen will be sent upon request.
*Buyer is responsible for any maintenance or repairs needed if any.
*This item will be sold "as-is" in used condition. No warranties or guarantees come with the purchase of this item.
*Buyer is responsible for making sure all is correct with the item and the item will suit the buyers needs and expectations before purchase. Buyer is responsible for making sure purchase of this item is not a mistake.
*Items sold are inspected and photographed at different angles before being boxed up and shipped to the buyer. Any attempts to return broken items in exchange for what's been shipped to the buyer, make the purchase and exchange parts that are needed then send unit back for a refund, extort partial refunds or get a refund due to a mistake made by the buyer in the purchase of the item will be reported immediately.
The shipping weight will be 7 1/2 lbs. A handling fee is charged to cover the time and any expenses associated with the packing and shipping of packages. Anything left is put towards the selling fee's.
SORRY, NO LOCAL PICKUPS
- Brand Le Claire
- Size Other
- Color Other
- Age group Adult
- Gender Unisex
Junk Stuff Accepts Paypal and Money Orders With No Shipping Wait. We Also Accept Personal Checks With A Personal Check 10 Day Shipping Wait.
Our Sold Products Usually Ship On The Next Tuesday Or Friday After Payment Has Been Received And Cleared.
* All Items Will Be Sold "As-Is" In Used Condition With No Warranties Or Guarantees. All Abnormalities & Defects Are Entered Into The Item Description. If The Item Is Broken Or Banged Up We Will State That It Is. We will also state if the item has not been tested and may be defective.
* We are happy to accept returns and pay for the shipping if the problem with the merchandise shipped was due to our gross negligence in describing the item and not making the customer aware of any problems or potential problems. This never happens though. All of our items are inspected at least 3 times before being put up for sale and once before being boxed up for shipment.
* There are never any warranties or guarantees on used items we sell because of course they are used items with no promises. All electrical items are tested before being put up for sale but as we all know electrical items can stop working at any time. Mechanical items are tested to the best of our abilities but can stop working also if parts are worn. Some parts on mechanical items are looked at, some are not looked at. We will not guarantee how long a mechanical device will stay working only that it worked when it left our possession.
* We will not be held accountable for lost, stolen or damaged packages in the mail system. All packages are shipped with tracking and insurance when required. So far I can say over the many years of shipping packages all packages have reached there destination.
All Items Are Sold, "AS-IS" With No Warranties Or Guarantees.