- FEMA Compliant. Engineer Certified. Durable ABS/UV treat plastic. No rust or rot!
- Surface mounted over the foundation opening. Total Dimensions = 19"x35". Opening within the frame is 16"x32". Flood Vent is a fixed-louvered vent (remains open) with vermin screen.
- Protects your foundation from rising floodwaters: 205 square feet of coverage per vent. At least two vents required to be FEMA compliant.
- Engineered Certificates included in the box for the following states: AL, CO, DE, FL, GA, LA, MD, MS, NC, NJ, SC, TN, TX, VA.
- Flood Vents may help lower your flood insurance premiums! Also works great on garages, sheds, etc.
What are Engineered Flood Vents?
Engineered flood vents differ from non-engineered flood vents in that they are designed and certified by a registered design professional. Engineered openings may be equipped with screens, louvers, valves, or other coverings provided that they permit the automatic entry and exit of floodwaters.
What are the benefits?
You can save money on your flood insurance premiums by reducing your homes' flood risk. Flood risk is unique to each structure and depends upon factors such as the elevation of the property relative to predicted flood levels, the construction style of the building, and the flood risk zone. Adding flood vents to your homes' foundation walls provides a means that permit the automatic entry and exit of floodwaters which protects your foundation and reduces your flood risk. Lowering your flood risk reduces your flood insurance premiums according to the National Flood Insurance Program.
Does FEMA approve flood vents?
No. federal policy does not allow FEMA to approve, endorse, certify or recommend any products. While a product may be in compliance with FEMA design guidance, any language from manufacturers stating their product is "FEMA approved" or "FEMA certified" is incorrect. Non-engineered flood vents do not need a certification. Engineered flood vents require certifications for the state they will be installed. Companies claiming that their flood vent is the only "legal" flood vent is also incorrect. Our Engineered Flood Vents offer competitive coverage area, for an affordable price, compared to other engineered flood vents on the market.
How can I be FEMA compliant when installing?
NFIP's main flood insurance requirements are:
- You must have at least one square inch of opening in the foundation wall for every square foot of house's enclosed area.
- The bottom of the flood vent opening must be less than 12 inches above the ground.
- Two vents per enclosed area, on different exterior walls.
- Brand Crawl Space Door Systems
- Size Other
- Color Black