You are buying a pre-viewed, ORIGINAL World Championship Wrestling (WCW) VHS video, WCW/New Japan Pro Wrestling Rumble in the Rising Sun, also called the WCW/New Japan Supershow and Starrcade 1991 in Japan.
Held live from the Tokyo Egg Dome in Tokyo, Japan on March 21, 1991, World Championship Wrestling further solidified its Japanese ties by co-promoting a show with the number one Japanese promotion, New Japan Pro Wrestling presented WCW/NJPW Rumble In The Rising Sun
This video is a spectacular introduction to several Japanese wrestlers who would go on to be a major part of professional wrestling. Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone are on commentary, and Ross instructs U.S. viewers on some of the differences between the American fans and the Japanese fans (most notably that Japanese fans tend to be more quiet and respectful during matches, cheering only at certain points--a very important fact.
This video is also the only U.S. NTSC video release of a primarily Japanese show.
Matches on this historic card are:
- Tim Horner & Tom Zenk & Brian Pillman Vs. Takayuki Lizuka & Kuniaki Kobayahi & Shiro Koshinaka
- Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Akira Nogami
- Barry Windham & Arn Anderson vs. Masahiro Chono & Masa Saito
- El Gigante vs. The Big Cat (Curtis Hughes aka Mr. Hughes)
- WCW Tag Team Champions The Steiner Brothers, Rick & Scott Steiner put their belts up against International Wrestling Grand Prix (IWGP) Tag Team Champions Hiroshi Hase and Kensuke Sasaki in title vs. title action.
- It's face painted action as The Great Muta battles Sting in an excellent contest of two of wrestling's hottest up and comers of the era.
- WCW & NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair would defend the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against IWGP Heavyweight Champion Tatsumi Fujinami. Although Flair held both the NWA & WCW belts, the titles were considered one and the same in WCW, which was still an NWA member at the time. However, in Japan, the titles were considered separate. As a result, only the NWA title was on the line in this contest.
Box and tape are in excellent condition from private collection.
Check our other listings for more wrestling, or join our Yahoo group, SFPCatalog.
Check our other listings for more cool stuff, or ask us about our mailing lists for comics, movies and music, wrestling, clothes and Playboy!
Shadow Fire Promotions is the largest distributor of all-original pro wrestling media and memorabilia. Not satisfied to just bring you WWF/WCW/ECW, we also work to bring to you the finest in independent wrestling. Currently affiliated with NWA Wisconsin in Green Bay, WI and wrestlers such as The Soul Shooters, Michael Modest and more, plus custom made wrestling masks, as well. If we don't have it, we can find it through our special search service.
Payment must be made within 10 days after sale close, unless other prior arrangements are made. Payment may be made online through AlertPay (WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL DUE TO NUMEROUS LAWSUITS FILED AGAINST THE COMPANY FOR MISMANAGEMENT OF MEMBER FUNDS!); Money orders; Personal cheque (made out to Shadow Fire Promotions, Inc., please allow 10 business days for cheque to clear.) We prefer you not send cash, as we are NOT responsible for cash payments lost in the mail. We also accept credit card payments over the phone (additional charges apply). Contact us for details.
Shipping rate is $4 domestic. International buyers, please contact us for postal rates. Illinois residents, please add 10% sales tax. Other mailing methods available at additional costs.
Contact us for any questions you may have. Guaranteed 24 hour turnaround on e-mail requests.
Contact us for the addresses of our web ring and message board!
Subscribe to our online updates list! Ask us how!